PARALLEL PLANETS
HAS MOVED.



We are now found on parallelplanets.com.


Different Dimensions: A Call from the Past

A Parallel Planets piece by Unknown
“A call from the past
is heard of by windowsill
quietly I bend forward to see
the utterly different world.
A pitch black door opens,
when a little soul comes in
from the old forest,
gently tangling around my feet,
and unfolding all bygone days.”

- An excerpt from the poem written by Fatoş Ademoğlu.



I often feel related to the past, especially from the Middle Ages to the Long 19th Century and with my photography, I mainly want to create an atmosphere of past for those, who sometimes feel like they were born in the wrong era too.

2014 I’ve been going a long path as an artist. Experimenting with various directions in photography, searching and thinking about my calling, but now, at the end of this year, I can admit that I more or less settled down, although it is just the beginning of my journey.

Art has always been a part of me. As a child I attended a drawing school and was obsessed with creating beaded jewelry. I enjoyed to express myself in a creative way, it allowed me to experience a real flow. With 12 years, when suddenly my interest for photography was awoken, I started using it with an intention of making memories, capturing moments. Today I’m 17 years old and photography enables me to let my mind come alive in a visual way, to make the world inside my head visible for the others. I easily lose the track of time passing when doing what I love and I can instantly transport myself, through inner experience, kind of into a different dimension.

My little Wunderkammer, a growing collection of antiques & oddities, inspires me a lot as well as it lets me time travel. I’ve been affected a lot by the 19th-century photograph styles, such as carte-de-visite / cabinet cards and tintypes, lately, therefore I created a photo series and my first ever prints in a style that takes you at least 100 years back.

2014 was for me, as an artist, definitely a prosperous year!


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer: In lieu with Parallel Planets' general aesthetics, almost all images found on this website appear in black & white. Hover on them to view the original versions and click them to see in high resolutions. All media files solely belong to their respective artists, some of which are exclusive for Parallel Planets only. If you wish to use any of these, please contact the author or artist first. Thank you!
 
FacebookInstagramTwitter

info@parallelplanets.com
Posts are hidden on the main page, but everything we published from 2013 to 2015 are still intact. Use the button below to find what you're looking for.