PARALLEL PLANETS
HAS MOVED.



We are now found on parallelplanets.com.


Untitled 3 by Nicole Langdon-Davies

A Parallel Planets piece by Unknown

Parallel Planets presents
November Nocturne: Untitled 3
Film Photography by Nicole Langdon-Davies

* * *

"The first lens I ever used was a macro lens. From that moment on I’ve been hooked.

I'm fascinated at how close up pieces of regular things, look abstract. It can really open ones eyes to different perspectives, change the way in which one looks at things. I'm not one who necessarily cares about the intentions behind someone’s art, I enjoy drawing thoughts of my own from art.

When I create self-portraits they are a part of a thought sparked by a collection of events I’m either aware of or not. I hold cats and words dear, neither are bound by time and both are an extension of myself. They've been with me since the start."

— Nicole Langdon-Davies on 'Untitled 3'




About the Photographer: Nicole Langdon-Davies started photographing when film was the only thing available. She remembers being frustrated at herself for still being a rubbish cartoon artist. She always had fun with her point-and-shoot Olympus, so one summer she decided to give up drawing; commandeering her mom’s 35mm Pentax SLR, she began shooting her friends.

"After graduating, there was no money for art school anymore so I decided to get a job in the local camera store, my plan was to pick everybody's brains; both customers and co-workers. That was probably the smartest decision I've ever made. I learned so much and continue to each day." Since then, she's had a 'career' in camera retail. She absolutely loves sharing of knowledge, ideas, and enthusiasm that this ventures allows her to take part in. 

More from Nicole Langdon-Davies: Tumblr, Instagram 

See also: Parallel Planets exclusive interview with Latent Image: Not Entirely Invisible


0 comments:

Post a Comment


Disclaimer: In lieu with Parallel Planets' general aesthetics, almost all images found on this website appear in black & white. Hover on them to view the original versions and click them to see in high resolutions. All media files solely belong to their respective artists, some of which are exclusive for Parallel Planets only. If you wish to use any of these, please contact the author or artist first. Thank you!
 
FacebookInstagramTwitter

info@parallelplanets.com
Posts are hidden on the main page, but everything we published from 2013 to 2015 are still intact. Use the button below to find what you're looking for.