PARALLEL PLANETS
HAS MOVED.



We are now found on parallelplanets.com.


Camille Marie Bieber in Mental Memoirs: Chimères

A Parallel Planets piece by Unknown

Parallel Planets presents Camille Marie Bieber
in Mental Memoirs: Chimères

* * *



"Chimères is a contemplation of humans and nature merging together, in the beauty of dreariness.

Theses images were taken during a summer while I was too self centered. The idea of this series was born while I was abroad, in Sweden, surrounded by huge forests and the Baltic Sea. I wanted to retrieve this feeling of quiet, where I could escape even for a few minutes. I went back to the sturdiness of real life, and I used my melancholia to create something beyond my spleen and walk in my city, looking for some peace through chimeras. I shot a roll of Portra 400, my favourite film. Every picture on it turned kind of blue, reminded me of this country I left, which is green and blue to me, with the purest air I have had breathe.

I always put a lot of myself in my series and explanations looks a bit intimate, but each photo is a story, either fictive of real. I shoot a lot of my friends, strangers sometimes, but at least it speaks about me and always will be. But I’m just words, flesh, and that summer I was also tears. Until I realized in Scandinavia that it wasn’t fair. There is so much more, we are so much more. And by watching the nature covering my anxiety until crushing it to transform it into creativity, I was rising. We’re always be in trouble because we’re fragile, but there is many ways to turn this fragility into beauty." -- Camille Marie Bieber on her photo series, Chimères













About the Artist: Camille Marie Bieber is a French photographer, born in October 1989. She started photography for memories even though she hated it at first, when her mother gave her disposable cameras during summer camps. She went to high school in an art class and photography seemed to be the best medium for which she wanted to express herself. She graduated in 2010, lived in Paris for two years, and went back to Lyon to pursue analog photography at the same time.

More from Camille Marie Bieber: Website, Tumblr, Facebook 


Disclaimer: In lieu with Parallel Planets' general aesthetics, almost all images found on this website appear in black & white. Hover on them to view the original versions and click them to see in high resolutions. All media files solely belong to their respective artists, some of which are exclusive for Parallel Planets only. If you wish to use any of these, please contact the author or artist first. Thank you!
 
FacebookInstagramTwitter

info@parallelplanets.com
Posts are hidden on the main page, but everything we published from 2013 to 2015 are still intact. Use the button below to find what you're looking for.